There are so many reasons why people are looking for ways and means to make money from home every passing day.
While some are looking to get out of their jobless state, some are also looking for ways to either quit their day job and pursue making money independently or add an extra means of income to their existing office work.
Good enough, this internet age has presented countless opportunities for just anybody to secure a job that can make them become very wealthy in no time, even from the comfort of their homes.
And when you Google the term “how to make money from home” you will discover lots of articles that will really give you an insight into the kind of jobs you can use to make money right from your home.
Some are writing from a research perspective while others are relating their personal experience on how they have been able to make some cool cash without leaving their homes.
And having landed on this in my own article, I want you to be rest assured that all the ways I am going to show you about making money from home are the ways I have personally used to make some money whether in large amounts or very small.
And I promise to keep updating this article with any new way I have found that would help you to make money from home, so make sure you bookmark this blog to get the updates anytime it drops or subscribe to my mailing list for notifications.
So without further ado, let us get started with this article.
Easy ways to make money from home.
Having tested various ways to make money from home, I have been able to compile and explain below some of the easy ways you can use to make money from home whether online or offline and they are:
- Website flipping.
- Social media influencing.
Blogging is the process of creating and updating articles on a website. It usually begins with doing keyword research to dig out queries from search engines and then answering those queries in a very systematic way that will help you rank for their keywords.
Once you start to rank for keywords and have enough traffic coming to your blog, you can go ahead to monetize it and make money in the following ways:
- Join Ads network.
- Join affiliate programs.
- Sell digital products like Audiobooks and Ebooks.
- Offer online courses and seminars for a fee.
- Sell ad space to your visitors.
- Add a paid membership area to your blog.
Below are the basic steps you have to take in order to get started with blogging.
- Choose a niche or topic you are going to write about: Some bloggers will advise you to choose a topic you are passionate about, but considering the fact that you could be passionate about a topic but lack knowledge about it no matter how hard you research; my advice, therefore, is to choose your topic based on what you are knowledgeable about. For example, as a web designer, I have 2 blogs where I write articles sharing my knowledge of how to design, develop, maintain, and manage websites which are: taculiadesigns.com.ng and webflex.com.ng.
- Choose a name for your blog: After choosing your niche or topic, the next step is to choose a name for your blog. We call it a domain name. This name is usually unique because two people cannot have the same domain name on the internet. My advice on choosing a domain name is to go with a name that is short and easy to memorize. And to confirm that no one else is using that name, just type the name and add a domain extension like a .com to see if it is going to load a webpage. If it loads a webpage then someone else is already using it so you need to make adjustments or choose a new name and keep trying until you finally get a domain name that is not loading a webpage.
- Register your domain name and get web hosting: At this point, if you want to build the blog by yourself you can go ahead to register your domain name and get web hosting. But if you lack the idea of website design, you can save yourself the stress by going to my web design agency blog to order a blog now @ taculiadesigns.com.ng.
- Embark on keyword research: Keyword research is simply the art of digging out queries from search engines and using the result to create original and helpful contents that answer those queries. There are so many online tools that can help you to know the keywords that have so much traffic but I almost gave up on blogging when I was using them and had no traffic coming to my blog. Until I began using Google search to type in my keywords and use the people also ask results to gather titles for my blog post.
- Start creating your content: Now that you’ve gathered your first 30 to 40 article titles based on your niche, you can go ahead to start creating your original and helpful content. By original and helpful content I mean you should write from your own experience and not plagiarize or rewrite what others have already written because it is going to kill your blog forever.
- Exercise patience: It usually takes 8 to 12 months before organic traffic begins to surface on a new blog that is updated constantly. And for that reason, you just have to exercise patience and keep creating more content to keep increasing your chances of ranking on search engines.
I have an article on this blog that will take you deeper into earning from blogging and you can read it here: How To Start A Blog And Make Money Online.
Freelancing is a process where professionals are contracted to deliver their services. It is a kind of self-employment.
To become a freelancer you need to follow the steps below:
- Choose a niche or profession you are going to focus on. It could range from anything from a web designer to a digital marketer, social media marketer, graphics designer, bookkeeper, etc.
- After choosing your niche you can go make out some time to develop and improve your skills as a means of preparing well for the jobs that are coming ahead.
- Now go ahead to join a freelancing platform like Fiverr where you can get clients who are going to patronize you. You can also build your own portfolio website and devise several advertising strategies to reach potential clients.
3. Website flipping.
Website flipping is simply a process where you buy or build a website, increase its value, and sell it for a profit.
The main challenge with flipping websites is how to raise the value of the website because you will have to show all the proofs and evidence to the buyer who will also confirm he is going to make the website when he buys it from you.
So below are the basic steps you should take toward increasing the value of any website you want to flip:
- Be mindful of the website’s niche, and make sure you choose a profitable niche for the website you want to flip.
- Do all the necessary search engine optimizations on the website.
- Do keyword research and create high-quality and original content that will enable the website to rank on search engines.
- You can also use paid advertisng to hasten up the website’s traffic.
- Get the necessary monetization proggrams for the webisite.
- Give yourself sometime for the website to grow before you make a move to sell it.
- Gather all the necessary documents and statistics you are going to show to your potential clients.
- Find a broker that will help you to sell your website.
I have an article on this blog that goes in-depth into flipping websites and you can read it: How To Make Money Selling Websites Online.
4. Social media influencing.
Social media influencing is the art of referring your social media followers and fans to a brand or business for a fee.
To become a social media influencer you must have lots of followers on your social media accounts. In fact, it is this massive number of followers that will move brands and businesses to approach you to promote their products or services.
You can follow the steps below to become a social media influencer:
- Sign up for social media accounts: Signing up for social media accounts is free and Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok are the outstanding social media accounts that will enable you to influence businesses.
- Choose a niche: Choosing a niche will help you to be specific about the kind of content you will create as well as be able to gather followers who are pursuing the same interest.
- Create content consistently: Your content is what is going to attract people to your social accounts and for that reason, you must ensure you are creating content that is original and very interesting.
- Promote your content: While waiting for your content to start performing well organically, you can set aside some money and use paid adverts to promote your content and reach people who are not following your account. So long as your content is interesting, it will make most of your first-time viewers follow your account.