Untill you truly understand what motivation is, there is no way you can ever be motivated, that is why am going to show you the ways to stay motivated in this article.
Most people find it very hard to change anything in their lives.
Even if an angel would come down and preach a sermon to motivate them, they will soon find themselves exhibiting the same characteristics again.
And this makes finding motivation very challenging.
But if you can understand how motivation really works, then you will find the energy that drives your motivation.
First let’s look for a simple means of defining motivation.
What is motivation?
Motivation simply means what drives you to achieve your goals or dreams.
The drive however will depend on three factors:
- How much you really want to achieve that goal or dreams.
- What is the gain, or sometimes the price tag for that goal or dream.
- Being able to envision the possibility of achieving that goal or dream.
Why motivation is important.
- Provides you with the goals and dreams to work towards achieving.
- It helps you to spot and solve problems
- Makes you to possibly adjust or totally give up old habits.
- Also helps you to cope with challenges and opportunities.
- Above all else, it helps you to learn the lessons that gives birth experience.
- And finally, the experience prevents you from making mistakes, and in so doing avoiding to lose on same task.
Enemies of motivation.
No matter how hard you will try, if you have this enemies around then your motivation is in trouble.
- Memory loose or madness.
In this case, the only way to help is to seek medical attention.
Ways to stay motivated
Below are some of the ways that will help you to stay motivated:
- Review your goals regular to see the progress you’ve been able to make so far. Seeing yourself progressing is a great motivation in itself since it will urge you to do more.
- As you succeed in previous goals, continue to set new ones. But be careful not to pile up too many goals that will cause you to wear out and fail in some.
- Keep a routine to master your new goals. Human beings are habitual. For instance, rising everyday by 4pm for like 5 days constant will soon turn to an habit.
- Finding a mentor or someone who motivates you is gold.
- Make sure you surround yourself with people who are positive at all times. Negative people will drain you dry of the little motivation you were born with.
- Exercise everyday to improve your mental health.
- Read daily motivational quotes, and keep them in mind all day.