Being great in composing music is not a guarantee that, you would also be great in writing about yourself; so this article serves to help you know how to write a professional musician bio.
What Is A Musician Bio?
A musician bio serves to provide music consumers (fans), with a short story about the life of the person who’s music they care about listening to.
You can liken a musician bio to a CV, but the only difference is a CV is written in a listing style; while a musician bio is written in an editorial format.
Why You Need A Musician Bio.
- To add to the About Me page of your official website.
- You will need a musician bio to promote your songs on websites, blogs, and streaming platforms.
- To add to your promo package CD which you will send to radios, TV stations, club houses, DJ mixes etc.
- When submitting your songs to record labels, you must add your musician bio.
- A well written musician bio is capable of turning those who stumble on your music into fans.
Importance Of A music Bio.
Musician Bio helps music consumers get a special connection with their favorite musician.
There is nothing that makes music fans more excited than knowing the background history of their favorite star.
You will hear them narrating it to whoever cares as if they know the artiste one on one.
Thus, you must use a musician bio to create a special bond and connection with your potential fans.
Elements Of A Good Musician Bio.
It is very important to begin your musician bio with your real and stage name.
Example: Eventus Okon Known by the stage name Taculia.
Coming at the heels of your stage name should be your birth place and town of origin.
If you like, you can be specific about your date of birth, or simply state of origin; how old you are or the year you were born.
Immediately after stating where you come from, follow up your bio with genre of music and the Superstars who influenced you into choosing that genre.
You can also add other legendary musicians from genre’s outside yours, who inspires to and keeps you yearning to make good music.
Your Musical History
Everything in the world has a beginning. We were all born on a particular day, week, month and year.
Therefore, you should let those who come across your music know the year you began making music.
It should not be the year you first went behind the mic to record music. But rather, the year you made the decision to pursue music as a career.
Use this opportunity to let your fans know how it all begun.
For instance, if there is a specific person who made you aware of music as a career, mention him or her here.
Take time to also explain the challenges you faced when you began.
For example, your parents might have been against your decision of being a musician.
State reasons why they oppose you.
Remember, scores of your fans are upcoming artiste too; or probably those who gave up music as a career.
Thus, you will help them relate more with you, if they are also going through the same thing.
Describe Your Music.
One thing music fans dont like is, a musician who doesn’t understand the kind of music he or she is making.
Music consumers are categorized into various genres they are supporting. Therefore you are likely to loose a fan, if you try to rap and sing at the same time.
So seize this opportunity to describe the kind of music you make. In order to let your fans know you fully understand what you’re doing.
Secondly, lots of bloggers do not have a sense of sound. So describing your music will help them to just copy and paste and aid their visitors understand your kind of music.
You can also write about the current plans you have for your music. Example, if you are planning to hit the studio and record a new song.
If you have a big artiste you are looking to work with, this is a nice place to let your fans know who the artiste is.
Just select those important and relevant things you have done, or are planning to do with your music and make it known here.
Your Highlights And Achievements So Far.
Even if you are just starting out, there sure must be a thing or two, you will accomplish in your music career.
Even if it’s a photo shoot with a superstar or popular band. An interview with a blogger, radio or TV personality.
Or even a local gig you perform in your area.
Just make a list of all your achievements, then pick a few interesting ones and include them in your musician bio.
Quotes From Media Personalities.
Letting your fans know about a media personality who comment on your music or career will lend some professionalism into your bio.
It is a great way of showing what others are saying professionally about your music career.
But if you don’t have one for now, it’s ok- just keep it in mind and work hard towards having media personalities review and comment on your music.
And once you get that, come back and add it in your bio.
Updating Your Musician Bio.
Always ensure that you update your musician bio whenever you are through with a new project, release, collaborations, or upcoming gigs and tours.
Keep adding new achievements to your musician bio, as your career keeps moving forward.
If you still find it hard to write a professional musician bio by yourself, we can help you write one for just 1,000 Naira. If you are interested, use the WhatzApp chat below or fill out the form to contact us.
You can read other music related articles on this site below.
- How To Get Influencers To Promote Your Music For Free.
- How To Make Your Song Trend On Audiomack.
- How To Get Noticed As A Singer Or Musician In Nigeria In 2022.
- What Is Music Promotion?
- Top 20 Ways To Promote Music For Free In Nigeria In 2022.
- How To Boost Your Music On Audiomack.
- How Much Does It Cost To Promote Music In Nigeria In 2022.
- How To Create A Music Website For Free.
- Basic Content Ideas To Help Musicians Build Their Fanbase On Social Media.
- How To Use Social Media Effectively As A Musician.
- How To Build Your Fanbase On Social Media As A Music Artiste.
- How To Download A Song From Audiomack To Android And iPhone.
- Top 10 Ways To Get Audiomack Followers And Streams.
- Best Way To Promote Your Playlist On Audiomack.
- How To Promote Your Music Online In Nigeria.
- How To Promote Your Music In Nigeria.
- How To promote Your Music Offline In Nigeria.
- How To Add Songs And Update Your Audiomack Playlist.
- 12 Tips To Effectively EQ During Music Mastering.
- Beginners Guide To Mixing Songs In A Home Recording Studio.
- 10 Tips For Using Compression During Mastering.
- Benefits Of Setting Up Your Own Small Home Recording Studio.
- Benefits Of Verifying Your Audiomack Account.
- How To Become A Playlist Curator On Audiomack.
- For Upcoming Musicians – Best Way To Use A Musical Style Successful Musicians Are Using.
- How To Create A Playlist On Audiomack.
- How To Produce High Quality Music In Your Small Home Recording Studio.
- More Ways To Make Money From Audiomack.
- The Best Plugins Used In Recording Studios In Nigeria.
- How Musicians Can Start Earning Money From Their Audiomack Streams.
- Current Prices Of Studio Equipments In Nigeria.
- How To Edit Songs On Audiomack.
- How To Verify Your Audiomack Account.
- How Press Coverage Can Blow An Upcoming Musician In Nigeria.
- How To Submit Your Songs For Digital Distribution In Nigeria.
- 5 Ways To Promote Your Music In Nigeria In 2022.
- Music Release Strategy For Upcoming Musicians.
- The Best Social Media Platforms For Musicians.
- How To Upload And Delete Songs On Audiomack.
- How Music Collaboration Can Help You Blow As An Upcoming Artiste.
- 10 Tips To Building A Dedicated Fanbase For Musicians.
- How To Get Your Songs On Spotify Playlist.
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Releasing Music As An Independent Artiste In Nigeria.
- How To Write A Professional Musician Bio.
- How Musicians Make Money From Music Streaming.
- How To Write A Proposal For Music Career Sponsorship.
- How To Find A Sponsor For Your Music Career.
- How To Become A Successful Musician In Nigeria.
- Qualities Of A Good Cover Design.
- Importance Of Cover Design For Online Music Promotion.
Our recent post: How Musicians Make Money From Music Streaming.
Need a stunning and fully functioning website, then visit webflex.com.ng to order your website today.