Before you set up the code to track your AdSense sites in Google Analytics, make sure you first and foremost link your Google Analytics and AdSense.
How to find your tracking ID and global site tag.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Select the account you want to get the ID from the menu in the account column.
- You also have to select the property you need the ID for in the property column.
- Under the property column, click on Tracking info.
- Now you have to click on tracking code, and it will be displayed farther down the page.
- Copy the entire contents of the text box.
- Paste it after the opening <head> tag on each page you want to measure in your website.
How to verify if your global site tag is working.
Simply visit your website and check the Real Time Reports in Analytics and confirm if you registered properly.
You can also use Google Tag Assistant to find out if your tag was implemented correctly.
In order to be able to see AdSense reports on Google Analytics for a homepage, that webpage must contain:
- The Google AdSense code you are using to show Ads.
- The analytics tracking code.
N/B: The order of the code snippets is very important, and for that reason, it is recommended that you place then snippets in your webpages HTML in the following order;
- The Analytics tracking code should be placed before the closing <head> tag.
- The AdSense Ad code should be placed between the <body> and </body> tags.
You can follow link here to read the Google AdSense programme policies.
If you found this article helpful and interesting, please subscribe to this blog below to get updates on new articles we publish everyday. You are free to unsubscribe anytime.