If you are one of those that has been surfing the internet lookinf for how to open a dollar account online in Nigeria, then this aticle is just for you.
On this article, we are going to reveaal to you what a dollar account is, why you should open it and links to banks you can open it online.
What is a Dollar Account
A dollar account also known as a domiciliary account is a bank account you can open in Nigeria which will enable you to receive and withdraw the dollars.
This account is not operated in Nigerian naira, but in foreign currencies.
A domiciliary account will give you the opportunity to run bank account in any of the 3 currencies: United States dollar, British Pounds, or Euros.
Types of Domiciliary Accounts
Same as Naira account, there are also 2 types of domiciliary account, and they are:
- Domiciliary Savings account, and
- Domiciliary Current account.
Who can open a USD account in Nigeria?
Businessmen, investors, people whose business partners, relatives and friends who are staying overseas often send money to them, bloggers residence in Nigeria etc are liable to open a domiciliary bank account in Nigeria..
Which bank can I open dollar account in Nigeria?
You can open a dollar account in any of the commercial banks in Nigeria.
Below are some of the commercial banks you can open a domiciliary bank account with are;
- Zenith Bank,
- First Bank,
- Union Bank,
- Access Bank,
- Guarantee Trust Bank (UBA),
- Fidelity Bank,
- United Bank of Afrca (UBA),
- Ecobank, and
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB).
Requirements to open a dollar account in Nigeria online
The requirements to open a dollar account online in Nigeria is the same requirements you will also use To Open A Dollar Account In Nigeria.
As a matter of fact, below are the requirements to open a dollar account online in Nigeria.
- Government Approved means of identification which includes; driver’s license, national Identity Card, voter’s card, or International Passport.
- 2 recent passport photographs/
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- CIU Form
- Current Utility Bill
How to open a domiciliary account online in Nigeria?
Most of the banks will allow youto open a dollar account online.
But, what you need tounderstand is that the process of opening a dollar account is the same as opening a naira savings account.
How to open a dollar account online in Nigeria at Union Bank;
- Visit: https://www.unionbankng.com
- Scroll down to ‘Account Opening Form’ and click on it.
- Three forms will be on display, and they are ‘Account Opening Form, Signature Form, and Reference Form’. Just click on each of them, and it will download automatically to your phone of PC.
- Ensure to fill all the forms you download.
- Once you have filled the forms, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to open a dollar account online in Nigeria at Zenith Bank;
- Visit: https://www.zenithbank.com
- Scroll down and click on ‘Download Account Form’. And it will download automatically into your phone of PC.
- Ensure to fill all the forms you have downloaded.
- Once you have filled the forms, email them to: email@example.com or take the form to any Zenith Bank that is close to you.
The process of opening a dollar account online in Nigeria at UBA is a bit different from other banks.
- Visit: https://www.ubagroup.com
- Scroll down and click on ‘ Open Account’
- A new page will open, click on ‘Select Country’ and choose Nigeria.
- When you finish, click submit.
- Select account type ‘Choose UBA Nigeria Account’ by clicking ‘Open with BVN’.
- In the new page that opens, insert your BVN, BVN registered phone number, date of birth, email address, and choose ‘Freedom Savings Domiciliary’ as account type.
- Agree to the terms by clicking on the red circle below.
- When you finish, click ‘Next’.
- Insert the OTP you will receive on your phone, upload your passport photograph and click next.
- Fill in all the requirements and submit.
- Nigeria Black Market Exchange Rate: Tuesday December 7, 2021.
- Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today Tuesday December 7, 2021.
- Powerful Prayer Points And Declarations For Tuesday 7 December 2021.
- Daily Devotional From God’s Word: Tuesday December 7, 2021.
- Good Morning Quote For Tuesday, December 7, 2021.