In this article, I am going to show you how to link your BVN to all your bank accounts here in Nigeria.
And without much ado, let’s move on straight to the core of this article.
How to link your BVN to your First Bank account.
There are 2 major ways to link your BVN to your First Bank account and they are:
- Visit your FirstBank branch office
- Via text message
1. Visit your First Bank branch office.
Visit the First Bank branch office to fill and submit the BVN enrolment form.
However, if you just want to register for BVN, you will have to provide a valid means of identification, which could be any of the following (International Passport, Drivers’ Licence, Voters’ Registration Card, or National ID Card)
2. Via text message
- Text BVN#account number#BVNCode to 08076664444
- Wait for a few minutes, until you receive a text message stating your BVN has been successfully submitted for processing.
How to link your BVN to your EcoBank account.
There are basically 2 methods available for linking your BVN with your Ecobank account number and they are;
- Visiting any of EcoBank branch and request for a BVN linker form
- Use USSD code to link your BVN to EcoBank account number.
Using your USSD code.
- Simply dial *326*9# on the mobile phone number that is registered to your BVN.
- “Input your BVN number” .
- Enter your 11-digit BVN number and send, then you get a reply,
- “Your BVN has been received”
Incase you run into any issue when trying to link your BVN to your EcoBank account, use any of the supports below to resolve whatever problem you’re facing:
- Call Ecobank: 0700 500 0000
- Send email to Ecobank support: ENGContactcentre@ecobank.com
- Chat Ecobank on their WhatsApp No: (234) 808 760 3717
- Visit EcoBank official websit www.ecobank.com and chat with any of the represented online or via your Ecobank Mobile App
- Visit any EcoBank branch that is nearest to you.
Don’t send your request more than once, if you try to do so you will get the message: “Your BVN validation is pending, please try again later, call our contact centre or visit any of our branches for confirmation.”
In that case, you have to wait for the bank to process your request, but if you need it urgently then you have to visit any of the EcoBank bank’s branches.
How to link your BVN to your Keystone Bank Account.
Linking your BVN to your Keystone Bank account is the simplest, all you have to do is visit the Keystone BVN linking page, enter your account number, enter your BVN and click submit
How to link your BVN to your Heritage Bank:
To lnk your BVN to your Heritage bank account, simply head to their web portal and when you get there do the following:
- Enter your account number
- Click to verify the account number
- A One-Time-Password (OTP) will be sent to the phone number that is associated with your account, enter it
- Input your BVN
- Submit the form.
How to link your BVN to your Wema Bank Account.
Wema Bank has made it easy for their customers to link their BVN to their Wema account number by providing a BVN portal which is known as WEMA bank BVN portal apps.wemabank.com/bvn/.
In order to link your BVN to this account number, you will need the following requirement:
- Your Name
- Your bank account which is also known as NUBAN
- The email address that is linked to your wema bank account
- The phone number recognised by your wema bank account.
- Account Name
- Your 11-digit BVN Number.
After entering the above details click on submit and that’s all.
How to link your BVN to your Union Bank account.
Below are the steps you need to take to link your BVN to your Union Bank Account.
- Go straight to the BVN linking page at: webgateway.unionbankng.com/BVNaccountLinkage/
- Enter Union Account Number and Click proceed
- Enter your BVN
- Click submit
How to link your BVN to your Stanbic IBTC Account Number
Below are the methods you must follow to link your BVN to your Stanbic IBTC bank account number.
- Fill the BVN form by heading straight to stanbicibtcbank.com/nigeriabank/personal/ways-to-bank/bvn-registrations#
- On this page, click on CALL ME BACK to access the bvn form
- Enter your details
- In the comment section enter your BVN and your phone number associated with your account.
- Wait for customer support to reach out to you.
As an alternative, you can also text your BVN in SMS format to 30909
How to link your BVN to your First City Monument Bank (FCMB).
It is very simple to link your BVN to your Frst City Monument Bank because they have agents in all their branch spread across Nigeria.
The two major ways to do so are;
- Contact FCMB BVN agent
- Send your BVN number and account no to email@example.com
How to link your BVN to your Sterling Bank account.
There are also 2 simple ways of linking your BVN to your Sterling Bank Account, and they are:
- Send your BVN and account details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Sterling support on WhatsApp at +234 9060006449
How to link your BVN to your Guaranty Trust Holding Company
The 3 major methods to link your BVN to your GTCO formerly GTBank are:
- ATM centre
- Online Banking.
- USSD Code
Via ATM center
- Insert your GTBank card in ATM and input your four digit PIN
- Select “BVN Linking” option
- Enter your 11-digit BVN number and select “Proceed”
- The ATM will display the BVN number and request you to validate
- Once the BVN number is validated as correct, select “Proceed”
- Insert your PIN to validate and submit
- Go to Gtbank BVN linking Portal
- Input your GTBank NUBAN
- Select a Bank where your BVN was issued
- Input the BVN number obtained from another Bank, then click on submit
Via USSD code
- On the phone number that is associated with your account number dial *737*20*Your BVN#
- Send, that’s all.
How to link your BVN to your Standard Chartered Bank Account
There are different methods that can help you to link your BVN to your Standard Chartered Bank Account number and they are;
- To contact the 24-hour customer service centre
- To use the Standard Chartered Bank BVN linker form.
To use the Standard Chartered Bank BVN linker form.
The linking process must be implemented by yourself, and you can do this by visiting the Standard Chartered Bank official online banking platform.
Go straight to the Homepgae and after loging in click on “submit Your Bank Verification Number”
When the form opens, you need to provide the following;
- First name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Mobile number
- Account number
- Date of birth: day, month, year
- Which bank you registered for BVN
- Your 11-digit BVN number
- Click, next
How to link your BVN to your Access Bank account
There are 3 methods you can adopt to link your BVN to Access Bank account number, viz:
- Via the bank’s website
- Internet Banking
Text BVN, leave a space your account number and BVN number to 20121
For example BVN 23456780030 34940574625 to 20121.
- Login on the Internet Banking platform
- Select the Service Requests Menu
- Select Initiate Service Request
- Click Link BVN, enter it and validate
How to link your BVN to your United Bank for Africa (UBA) account.
To link your BVN to your UBA account number, simply dial *919*6# on the mobile number linked to your account and follow the prompts
How to link your BVN to your Fidelity Bank account.
There are 4 available means to update your BVN on Fidelity bank
- Using USSD code
- Through email
- Via call
- With Fidelity online banking
Using USSD code
To update your BVN with your USSD code, simply dial *770*02#
To link your BVN to your Fidelity Bank Account through email, send your account details, BVN, Mobile number, date/bank of enrolment and date of birth via mail to email@example.com
Call 080034335489 for update.
With Fidelity online banking.
To link your BVN to your Fidelity Bank account, simply login to the internet banking portal and click on the “no BVN” link
Whatever may be the case, there may be a need for you to change the phone number which is associated with your BVN, all you need to do is visit one of the branches of your bank, following the guide below
How to link your BVN to your Zenith Bank account:
If you have enrolled for BVN with other Nigerian Banks or an authorized third party, Zenith Bank has made it very easy for you to link your BVN details to your Zenith Bank account through four simple methods:
- Internet banking
- Zenith Direct
- Zenith USSD Code
- Zenith bank’s website
Let’s discuss them one after the other
- Login to internet banking
- Click on Account summary on the left pane
- Click on BVN update
- Enter your BVN and click submit
- Download BVN update form (click here to download the form)
- Fill it out
- Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our 24/7 contact centre on +234-1-2927000, or +234-1-2787000
Zenith USSD code
Dial *966*YourBVN# from the GSM number on which you receive transaction alerts (Individual Naira account only)
Via Zenith bank’s website
- Go to www.zenithbank.com/bvnupdate
- Enter your Zenith [NUBAN] Account Number
- Enter your BVN
- Enter the provided Security Code and click Validate
- On successful validation enter your token details to update and activate your account
- Related: How To Change (Update) Your BVN.