Imagine using the last 100 Naira you have to recharge your phone in order to make a very important call but it’s used to auto-renew your 1-day data plan, don’t worry because I will show you how to cancel auto-renewal on all MTN data plans.
Though auto-renewal is very good on all network providers including MTN, especially if you are using a WIFI because you won’t be going through the stress of removing the SIM to buy a data plan every time.
On the other hand, if you are just a low data consumption and when you purchased a 1-day data plan, you mistakenly or unknowingly opted in for the auto-renewal.
This means that on your next recharge the money is going to be used to subscribe you to the data plan again.
And it is going to be so frustrating if you are using your last money to recharge your MTN SIM for the purpose of making a very important call.
The best idea therefore is to always check if you have any auto-renewal activated on your MTN SIM before you recharge your phone with your last kobo.
This guide will therefore show you how to cancel auto-renewal on all MTN data plans.
How do I cancel auto-renew on the MTN data plan?
To cancel auto-renewal on all MTN data plans, you have to do the following:
- First and foremost launch the myMTN app on your mobile Phone Number, go to My Subscriptions Toggle off Auto-Renewal and keep it at Turn Off.
- Dial 180 press 1, then 2 and 2.
- Visit the MTN Smart Web > Phone Number > OTP > My Subscription > data bundle > toggle off the Auto Renewal button.
- To cancel the auto-renewal feature on MTN, you can also simply dial *131# and follow the process. Alternatively, to stop auto-renewal for any MTN regular data plan, send “NoCODE” to 131. For example, you can send “NO130” to 131 if you are using the one-month 2GB MTN data plan for 1,200 Naira.
How To Cancel Auto-Renewal On All MTN Data Subscription Plans.
To cancel auto-renewal on all MTN data subscription plans, you can follow the simple steps below even if you don’t know the MTN plan code or send any message.
- Dial *131# with your MTN SIM.
- Choose Data Plans – Option 1.
- Select Manage Data – Option 8.
- Choose Cancel Auto-Renewal – Option 3.
- Select the MTN data plan bundle to Opt-Out Of.
- You have successfully canceled auto-renewal on MTN.
Other USSD codes or short SMS to send in other to cancel auto-renewal on MTN data subscription plans.
|MTN Data Plans||Code to cancel auto-renewal subscription|
|25MB Daily plan||Send “NO114” to 131|
|75MB Daily||Send “NO114” to 131|
|1GB Daily||Send “NO155” to 131|
|200MB 2-Days||Send “NO113” to 131|
|2GB 2-Days||Send “NO154” to 131|
|350MB 7-Days||Send “NO102” to 131|
|750MB 7-Days||Send “NO103” to 131|
|1.5GB 30-Days||Send “NO106” to 131|
|2GB 30-Days||Send “NO130” to 131|
|3GB 30-Days||Send “NO109” to 131|
|3.5GB 30-Days||Send “NO110” to 131|
|6.5GB 30-Days||Send “NO107” to 131|
How To Cancel Auto-Renewals Of Social Plan Subscriptions on MTN.
Below are the codes you will need to cancel or stop auto-renew on all MTN social plans:
|MTN Social plan||Code for Stopping auto-renewal|
|WhatsApp Daily||Send STOPWAD” to 131|
|Facebook Daily||Send “ STOPFBD” to 131|
|Instagram Daily||Send “STOPINSD” to 131|
|2Go Daily||Send “STOP2GOD” to 131|
|WeChat Daily||Send “STOPWCD” to 131|
|Eskimi Daily||Send “STOPESKD” to 131G|
|WhatsApp Weekly||Send ”STOPWAW” to 131|
|Facebook Weekly||“Send STOPFBW” to 131|
|Instagram Weekly||Send “STOPINSW” to 131|
|2Go Weekly||Send “STOP2GOW” to 131|
|WeChat Weekly||Send “STOPWCW” to 131|
|Eskimi Weekly||Send “STOPESKW to 131|
|WhatsApp Monthly||Send “STOPWAM” to 131|
|Facebook Monthly||Send “STOPFBM” to 131|
|Instagram Monthly||Send “STOPINSM” to 131|
|2Go Monthly||Send “STOP2GOM” to 131|
|WeChat Monthly||Send “STOPWCM” to 131|
|Eskimi Monthly||Send “STOPESKM” to 131|