If you want to know how to buy a cheap domain in Nigeria, then this article is for you, and I hope you exercise patience and read it to the end.
Before now, I believe you know what a domain is before you ever think of buying it. But in case you dont; let’s quickly look at the definition of a domain.
What is a domain?
A domain is a shortened form for domain name. And it may be defined as an easy-to-remember name attached to a physical IP address on the Internet.
It is your domain name that will lead people to your website where they can easily access your datas and files.
However, for a domain name to be accessible, it needs to get a web hosting provider.
What is a web hosting provider?
Web hosting provider is an online company that provides storage space for a website and enables it to be connected to the Internet.
Web hsoting companies has space on servers which they sell for people to store their websites so they can appear on the Internet.
How to buy a cheap domain in Nigeria.
My candid advice for buying a cheap domain in Nigeria is to purchase through a good web hosting provider.
Now whichever company you choose, below are the steps you are going to take to buy your cheap domain.
- Sign up for a free account.
- After signing up, log in to your account.
- Click on “Domain Search” and when it opens input your prefered domain name and click on search.
- If no one is using your domain name, you will see a congratulatory message with an option of adding your domain name to cart.
- Now you have to decide on which of the cheap domain name you are going to settle for. We have .com, .com.ng, .ng etc. You can check the full list of cheap domains here.
- After settling for your choice, you can now add your domain to the cart and check out.
- Finally, go to your cart and make payment for your new domain, and you can then refer to the 2 articles below to build and update your new website with your phone.