I thought it wise to compile this famous inspirational quotes of all time to help you boost your motivation.
So many people have been asking if inspirational quotes really work.
Whether you see it as a sentiment which dictates how you should live your life or just the right words that come at the right time, motivational quotes still have the ability to influence your mood and produce the passion that will drive you to succeed.
Success can manifest in so many ways including the way you think or feel about yourself, the expectations you have for the future as well as how you interact with the world around you.
Those who wrote inspirational and motivational quotes did it out of experience, and those very words they penned down for you and me was the driving force to their success.
So I took the time to gather the following inspirational quotes from various sources which includes famous historical figures, poets, celebrities and so much more.
So no matter what you are going through in life right now, ensure you utilize these quotes that produce the needed inspiration and motivation that will help you to achieve all your goals in life.
Taking the first step.
Most times, the hardest thing in a human life is how to get up and take the first step.
Plans and goals can be made and created, but until you take the first step that will propel you to execute them, there is no way you are going to become successful.
So here are some of the famous inspirational quotes of all time tahat will help you to take the first step.
1. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started” – Mark Twain
2. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin” – Tony Robbins
3. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe4. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good for the great” – John D. Rockefeller
4.“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky
5.“The most difficult thing is the decision to act; the rest is merely tenacity” – Amelia Earhart
6.“If you genuinely want something, don’t wait for it – teach yourself to be impatient” – Gurbaksh Chahal
7. “The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing” – Walt Disney
8. “When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it” – Jim Rohn
9. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined” – Henry David Thoreau
10. “Take action. An inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention” – Steve Maraboli
11. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game” – Babe Ruth
12.“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great” – Zig Ziglar
13.“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
14.“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear” – George Addair
Inspirational quotes about life.
Sometimes, life can seem real tough; but no matter how difficult things might get, you must never forget that the greatest gift we have on this earth is to be alive.
Life is really beautiful. both from inside and outside.
And through every ups and downs there is one lesson or another to be learnt if you look at it froom a wise perspective.
Below are some of the inspirational quotes about life that will help you get over and through every kind of situation.
15. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today” – Will Rogers
16. “If life were predictable, it would cease to be life, and be without flavor” – Eleanor Roosevelt
17. “Life is never fair. And perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not” – Oscar Wilde
18. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans” – John Lennon
19. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years” – Abraham Lincoln
20. “You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough” – Mae West
21. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
22. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it” – Charles Swindoll
23. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “Do not let making a living prevent you from making a life” – John Wooden
25. “Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved” – D. H. Lawrence
26. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on” – Sheryl Sandberg
27. “In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on” – Robert Frost
Famous inspirational quotes about Happiness and love
The famous inspirational quotes below are meant to help you find happiness and love.
28. “Whoever is happy will make others happy too” – Anne Frank
29. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier” – Mother Teresa
30. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy” – Dalai Lama
31. “I would rather die of passion than of boredom” – Vincent van Gogh
32. “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about” – Marilyn Monroe
Be yourself inspirational quotes.
Just like the famous Oscar Wilde said in his quote “be yourself, everyone else is taken”.
You must always keep it in mind that there can never be another you in this life.
You are unique in everything, and even if there is someone out there who resembles you, your thought patterns and ways of doing things can never be the same.
So make use of the inspirational quotes below to be yourself in all circumstances.
33. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals” – Michelle Obama
35. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else” – Margaret Mead
36. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life” – Steve Jobs
37. “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken” – Oscar Wilde
38. “You have to be odd to be number one” – Dr. Seuss
Inspirational quotes for Self-improvement.
While it’s vital to be yourself, that doesn’t mean you can’t be the best version of you that you can be. These famous quotes from famous people are all about how you can improve yourself and your life. From having more confidence to staying positive, these truly are words to live by.
39. “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others” – Hasidic Proverb
40. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather, try to become a person of value” – Albert Einstein
41. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way” – Napoleon Hill
42. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit” – Aristotle
43. “Go the extra mile, there’s no-one on it” – Grant Cardone
44. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant” – Robert Louis Stevenson
45. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you” – Walt Whitman
46. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty” – Winston Churchill
47. “No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent” – Eleanor Roosevelt
48. “I cam not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions” – Stephen Covey
49. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later” – Og Mandino
50. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Inspirational quotes to help you believe in yourself.
Sometimes, you will have pressure mounting on you from every angle, and this can pose a very big threat to doubt yourself.
That is why I compiled this inspirational quotes below to help you believe in yourself.
51. “Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe it’s possible for you” – Jack Canfield
52. “I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your dreams” – Oprah Winfrey
53. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve” – Napoleon Hill
54. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
55. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
56. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford
57. “Magic is believing in yourself; if you can do that, you can make anything happen” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
58. “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine” – Roy T. Bennett
59. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there” – Theodore Roosevelt
60. “There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking” – Brian Tracy
61. “All our dreams will come true if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
Quotes for extra motivation.
Whether you are battling woth failure or seemingly endless challenges that are gradually on the increase, you need some extra motivation that will keep you on track.
Thus, the famous inspirational quotes below are meant to proviide you with that needed extra motivation that will help you achieve all your goals in life.
62. “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110% all the time” – Don Zimmer
63. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do” – John Wooden
64. “Nothing is impossible, the world itself says, ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn
65. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” – Ayn Rand
66. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is” – Vince Lombardi
67. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop” – Confucius
68. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it” – Henry Ford
69. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples” – Mother Teresa
Inspirational quotes to help you find your purpose.
Finding your purpose in life can sometimes seem a bit tricky, but don’t worry there are people who ahev been in your same shoes before.
And when they sailed through it they did write the motivational words that helped them to become successful.
Below are those inspirational quotes to help you find your purpose in life.
70. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why” – Mark Twain
71. “When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you” – Lolly Daskal
72. “Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it.” – Brain Tracy
73. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle” – Steve Jobs.
74. “It is never too late to be what you might have been” – George Eliot
Inspirational quotes about fear.
Fear is the paramount reason so many people fail to achieve their goals in life.
Sometimes the fear of failure makes people to get stuck in one place with great goals that will never come to reality.
Therefore, living your life in fear will make you fail in the long run.
So you need to use the inspirational quotes about fear below to overcome every form of fear in your life.
75. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action” – Dr. Henry Link
76. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears” – Les Brown
77. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear” – Rosa Parks
Inspirational quotes for change.
At one time or another in our lives, we just need to make a change.
Whether it is your career or vocation in life you are changing, or maybe you need to pack into another new apartment.
Even if you lost your previous lover and are getting into a new relationship, you need the motivational quotes below to encoirage you on your road to change.
78. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there” – Theodore Roosevelt
79. “All our dreams will come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
80. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new” – Socrates
81. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Mary Angelou
82. “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change” – Gautama Buddha
83. “A bad attitude is like a flat tire; if you don’t change it, you won’t go anywhere” – Joyce Meyer
84. “We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future” – Robin Sharma
85. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine” – John C. Maxwell
Famous Inspirational quotes about goals.
When you fail to prepare you are dfinitely preparing to fail.
That is why you need a clear and defined goals you need to work towards, else you will just be drifting in an ocean.
Below therefore are some of the famous inspirational quotes that will help you set your goals and work towards achieving them.
86. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt
87. “Dream big and dare to fail” – Norman Vaughan
88. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible” – Tony Robbins
89. “Imagine your life is perfect in every respect; what would it look like?” – Brian Tracy
90. “I think goals should never be easy; they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time” – Michael Phelps
91. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do” – Rob Siltanen
92. “You have brains in your head, feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose” – Dr. Seuss
93. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve” – Napoleon Hill
94. “First, have a definite, clear, practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end” – Aristotle
95. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success” – James Cameron
96. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream” – C.S. Lewis
97. “Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning” – Gloria Steinem
Famous inspirational quotes about success.
After setting your goals the only thing else that remains is to achieve success.
But keep it in mind that there may be setbacks alomg he way, and when that happens you need to apply the famous inspirational quotes below about success to become successful.
98. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
99. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing” – Abraham Lincoln
100. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have” – Thomas Jefferson
101. “I never dreamed about success; I worked for it” – Estee Lauder
102. “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded” – Jack Canfield
103. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill
104. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse” – Florence Nightingale
105. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it” – Henry David Thoreau
106. “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities” – Robert H. Schuller
107. “If you look really closely, most overnight successes took a long time” – Steve Jobs
108. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful” – Eric Thomas
109. “Things work out the best for those who make the best of how things work out” – John Wooden
120. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy” – Tony Robbins
121. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure” – Colin Powell
122. “Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all we can be” – Zig Ziglar
123. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same” – Colin R. Davis
124. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember – the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you” – Zig Ziglar
125. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts” – Winston S. Churchill
Famous inspirational quotes about failure.
As you are working hard to become successful, you are definitely going to mweet with some kind of failure along the line.
There is no such thing as “overnight success” because every successful people failed at one time or another in their lives.
But failure often produces the greatest inspirational that can catapult you to become success if only you have the knowledge.
So use the famous inspirational quotes below about failure to overcome that failure an d succeed in achieving your goals.
126. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall” – Confucius
127. “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated” – Maya Angelou
128. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try” – Beverly Sills
129. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough” – Og Mandino
130. “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character” – Unknown
131. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up” – Vince Lombardi
132. “It’s during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light” – Aristotle
133. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up” – Thomas A. Edison
Famous inspirational quotes about gratitude.
When you are grateful for verything that happens in your life, you are going to attract more goodluck and become suceessful in achieving your goals in life.
There are several ways you can practice gratitude, but in the meantime, use the following famous inspirational quotes about gratitude to become successful in life.
132. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others” – Cicero
133. “Develop an ‘Attitude of gratitude.’ Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you” – Brain Tracy
134. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough” – Oprah Winfrey
Famous inspirational quotes for creativity
Success is not all about working hard from January to December, because you need a bit of creativity that will make your ideas flourish easily.
The following inspirational quotes from famous people are therefore compiled by me to help you understand the importance of creativity.
135. “Creativity is intelligence having fun” – Albert Einstein
136. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart” – Helen Keller
137. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation” – Herman Melville
The best motivational quotes of all time.
Before I finally end this post, I want to leave you with 4 bonus quotes.
And I want you to incorporate tis quotes into your everyday live and reap the benefits that comes with it.
138. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined” – Henry David Thoreau
139. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love” – Bob Marley
140. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere” – Barack Obama
141. “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale” – Hans Christian Anderson
I do hope these quotes really help you to find the inspirationa dn motivation you so much need to become a succssful person in life.
Perhaps you’ need to choose your favourites and add them to your wallpaper, smartphone, or evenprint them to hang in your bedroom and give you a little boost when you need it most.
Or you can as well bookmark this page for a pick me up whenever times are tough.