The crisis in the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) seems unending as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has reportedly invited some disciples of the late founder, Prophet TB Joshua, over alleged financial fraud and diverting the church’s funds.
News reaching Taculia 9Ja has it that the commision invited the disciples who included both Nigerian and foreign prophets and prophetesses of the church.
However, a letter from the EFCC has asked the church to release the disciples for an interview through the Special Investigation Team (STI). Ahmed Ghali, the Commander of EFCC in Lagos State, in a letter, said the disciples are being questioned for allegedly breaking the churchs vault and stealing funds.
The disciples who were invited are: Obasa Damilola Tinuola, Obasa Folake, Mosun Adeloju, Yakubu Abeni, Omoitoh Omoye, Adebola Olamide Morenike, Bousso Racine, Eugune Rademeyer, Cindy Elizabeth Widjaja, Fanny Elma Alfred, Angela Marie Brandt, Graham Nadine, Tonge Christopher, Catherine Ann Farr, Enrique Miguel, Olayinka Deborah Egbejobi, Mari-Anne Uchechi Ibe, David Omojevbe Joseph, Tonge Ruth, Polo Sandoval Allison.
A source who confided with The Guardian concerning the incident, disclosed that the disciples who are close to the late prophet allegedly stole money from a vault in the church and also put up his private aircraft for sale. Adding also that the contact information on 4 of the late prophet’s mobile phones was wiped off weeks after his death.
“They have carried out huge fraud that has made many of them multi-millionaires since Baba’s death. Many of them are on the list of EFCC. They are up to 20. They seized the church immediately after the Prophet died in June and didn’t want his wife, Mrs Evelyn Joshua, to be part of the church. They have made themselves Overseers. They have established a governing council with some living in the prayer mountains. They went to the vault at night and used a Ghana-Must-Go bag to loot money. They also went to open the Emmanuel global network where they asked international partners to donate without the knowledge of Evelyn.” “T.B Joshua’s phones were seized by some disciples for some time and when Mama was asking for his phones and it became an issue they returned the phones to Evelyn and wiped out both the memory and contacts in the phone. They had worked with Baba over the years and they are Prophet and Prophetess and people who travelled a lot with Baba before his death. Some of them are 50 years of age and some were asked to go in the past
- [Video] Watch Moment EFCC Chairman Bawa Slumps To The Floor.
- Nollywood Actress Mercy Aigbe Cries Out About Nigeria’s Economy, Saying She Is Depressed.
- Nigerians In Awe As Dj Cuppy Gives Tongue-to-tongue Kiss To One Of Her Dogs.
- EFCC Chairman Abdulrasheed Bawa Slumps And Was Hospitalised.
- Lagos Cyclist Dies Few Days After He Was Stabbed In The Neck By Armed Robbers.
- Nigerians React To Nollywood Actor, Chinwetalu Agu As He Rocks Biafran Outfit.
- BBNaija: Former Housemate Tacha Buys A New House.
- Samklef Opens Up On Past Struggles, Says He Used To Beg In Lekki.
- The Best Place To Start Affiliate Marketing.
- Prince Kpokpogri Reacts To Reports Of Being Detained By DSS.