Vice President Yemi Osinbajo-led National Economic Council (NEC) has cited that there is no indication of an coming near near lockdown as the country battles COVID-19’s 1/3 wave.
Taculia 9ja reviews that this used to be made recognised to State House correspondents on Thursday via Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State after the digital NEC meeting.
Recall that the World Health Organisation (WHO) had warned of the unfold of COVID-19’s Delta variant. Sanwo-Olu said Osinbajo advised the NEC that an emergency assembly on the COVID-19 1/3 wave would be convened each time the want arose.
“We will be reviewing on a weekly basis, like each and every two to three days, what the developments are; the chairman of the council has additionally stated to us that if there is a want for an emergency meeting, he will name one,” he said.
“But, assurances have been given with the aid of the NCDC and the Presidential Task Force, working with applicable states like Lagos, to be monitoring and monitoring what is taking place nearly on day by day basis.
“So, we do now not assume that we are there; we do no longer have any indication that we will get there; so we are making ready ourselves to make certain that as tons as possible, we can very rapidly flatten the curve.”
Speaking further, the Lagos State governor stated the DG OF NCDC, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu had furnished a international insight, pointing out that Nigeria have recorded 168, 552 instances as at July 15, and 1,993 lively cases.
He stated states had discharged over 140, zero people, whilst solely 2,124 deaths have been recorded so far. Sanwo-Olu quoted the NCDC as saying, in addition to the reality that the positivity charges had long past up, in spite of the low variety of instances in the country.
“It is vital for us to comprehend that the Delta variant, which is the new variant, is additionally in our usa and has additionally been recognized in a complete of 103 international locations globally.
“The Delta variant is 60 per cent greater transmissible than the Alfa variant; so, we are looking at all the tendencies and the NCDC and Lagos will be working collaboratively,’’ Sanwo-Olu said.
Our recent post:
- Akwa Ibom State Police Arrest Suspected ATM Robbers And Police Killers.
- Housewife Stabs Husband To Death In Delta State.
- Nollywood Actor Confined To Sick Bed For 20 Years Cries For Help.
- Nollywood Actor Jim Iyke Reveals Why He Abandoned His Political Ambition.
- [Download Video] Frank Edward – Oge Eruwo.
- [Download Comedy Video] Broda Shaggy & Mr Macaroni – The Switch.
- CBN To Launch Digital Currency In Nigeria As Osinbajo Suggests.
- [Video] BBNaija Erica And Laycon Reconciles, Watch Them Hanging Out Together.
- Kika Goodhair Speaks About Her Assault, Said She’s Doing Fine.
- Obi Cubana: ‘Public Display Of Riches Is Dangerous’ – DSS Warns.
Order cheap websites at Webflex NG