Now that your blog is ready to go, the first thing you need to consider is writing your first blog post, and on this article I am going to give you a complete beginners guide to write a first ever blog post.
Now let’s quickly start by seeing the definition of a blog post.
What is a blog post.
A blog post may be defined as any piece of an online write up, whether it is an article, news piece, or a guide.
Typically, a blog post aims to treat or cover a specific topic or answer a particular question, and may be considered as educational in nature.
It usually contains words ranging from 300 to 2,000; and aften times uses other media types such as images, videos, infographics, and interactive charts to back up the lessons.
Blog posts usually gives online businesses the opportunity to publish insights, thoughts, and stories on any subjecttopic.
As an online business. you can utilize blog posts to boost your brand awareness authority in your niche as well as increase sales of your products or services.
As a matter of fact, blog post can help you drive organic traffic to your website if it ranks on search engines.
What makes blog post great?
A blog post can only be good if it contains the information that people are seeking for. A blog post has to be very interesting and educational.
It must aim to answer questions that will help the reader solve his or her problems of challenges.
But have in mind that you will not be the only one writing on that particular subject, therefore source for information that are more up to date on your own blog post, and you will get readers hooked.
Another important thing to note is that the solutions you provide on your blog post should be very practical and easy to carry out.
Complete Beginners Guide To Write A First Blog Post.
1. Know who your audience are.
It is very wrong to start writing a blog post without knowing the people you are writing for.
Thus, before you write a blog post you should be able to answer the following questions:
Who are your audience?
What problems do they have?
How should they go about solving them?
Now if you are able to answer the above questions, you will then have a clearer knowledge of who your audience are, what problems they have and the solutions you will provide forthem to solve those problems.
2. Pick a topic for your blog post.
How will you even know what to write if your blog post does not have a title?
So before you start writing any blog posts make sure you pick a title for your blog posts.
Below are some tricks for picking the best blog topics:
- Do keyword research. If your blog post does not rhyme with what people are searching for on the internet, there is no way you will be able to rank on search engines and in so doing increase traffic to your blog. If you want to learn about keyword research, you can read this article: Complete beginners guide to keyword research for blog SEO.
- Join online forums in your niche to see questions people are asking; Another great way to pick best blog topics is to join online forums in your niche to look for questions people are asking the most. You can then use those questions to come up with a blog post topic.
- Write about trending topics: For instance, there was no Covid-19 until 2020 when the lock down began. Thus Covid-19 became a trending topic. Thus you must look for things that are trending in your niche and use that to form your blog post topics.
3. Write a captivating intro.
How you begin your blog post will really determine whether your readers will stay and read your blog posts to the end.
As a matter of fact, if your intro is not captivating enough, you are likely going to loose that visitor.
Some bloggers think holding back the information for their blog post in the beginning and bringing it somewhere in the middle or even the end will give their readers suspense.
This might word for movies but not blog posts, because online users are not that patient to wait and see results at the end. And for that reason, they are likely going to leave your post if they do not get the information they need immediately.
So the simple way to avoid this make your information known during your intro, and from there know how to guide them down to stay and read the post till the end.
Other things you can do is tell a story or joke, be empathetic, or give the reader an interesting fact or statistic, but make sure you don’t write something that’s out of your topic’s point.
4. Add feautured images to your blog.
People tend to be more attractive to images than they do with text, so make sure you add a feature image and other images within your posts.
So that while your readers are reading your text they will get to understand the information you are trying to relate to them.
Choose an image that corresponds with what you are writing about for your blog post.
5. Use header and sub-headers
Use header and sub-headers to break up large blocks within your text, this will also help you to get a well-formatted and visually-appealing blog post.
Below is an example of what your content will look like.
If you are able to maintain this format, then your content will look more professional and easier for the reader.
6. Proffread and edit before you publish.
Now that you think your blog post is done and ready, it is time to proffread and look for errors.
You don’t need to pass yor blog post over to an english scholar to edit before you post as that will make you come short of blog posts while waiting to get the edited work.
There are online sources you can use to achieve this, examples are HubSpot and Grammaly.
- Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today Wednesday October 27, 2021.
- Powerful Prayer Points And Declarations For Wednesday 27 October 2021.
- Daily Devotional From God’s Word: Wednesday October 27, 2021.
- Good Morning Quote For Wednesday, October 27, 2021.
- Daily Bible Verse And Prayer For Wednesday 27 October 2021.