In this article, I am going to show you how to change your name in your Google AdSense account.
But before I do so, please note that the AdSense Terms and Conditions do not permit you to transfer your AdSense account to anyone, however you can update your payee name to fix misspellings, or to make adjustments for changes such as marriage, death, or company mergers.
How To Change Your Name In Google AdSense Account.
Below are the steps to change your name in your Google AdSense account.
- First and foremost, Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Go to Payments and click on Payments info.
- Next, you have to click on Manage settings.
- In the “Name and address” section, click on the payments profile of your AdSense account.
- Enter your desired payee name. If it is a business account, the first line is going to be the business name, and the second line is the contact name for the business.
- Finally, click Save. Your payee name change is going to take effect on the next possible payment cycle. Changes made before the 20th of the month are typically going to affect the current month’s payment, while changes made after the 20th will not take effect until the next month’s payment cycle.
Now after changing your name on your Google AdSense account, the next thing you have to do is to resubmit your tax information.
Resubmit your tax information
Automatically, the name on your tax form is copied from the name in your payee profile. And for that reason, whenever you update your payee name, you also need to resubmit your tax information.
For more information, you can see How to submit your tax information to Google.
For U.S. businesses that are disregarded entities: when completing your W9 tax form, the first name line needs to be the name of the person or entity who is filing a tax return for the business.
You can learn how to submit tax information for a disregarded entity.