Music promotion is the bedrock of success for every musician, whether professional or upcoming, and on this article I am going to reveal to you the 5 ways to promote your music in Nigeria in 2022.
Yes! I mean in 2022 because 2021 is almost over, and if you start now to play your cards right; then you will be reckoned among the next big musical acts in Nigeria come 2022.
As an upcoming artiste, promoting your music should be your major target.
But most upcoming artiste make the mistake of thinking that merely posting their music on social platforms, without even blogging then on music blogs; will help them get an effective result from their musical promotion.
And these kinds immediately meets with frustration, when they realise that people are not paying any attention to them.
Thus, i am going to try as much as possible to show you the 5 ways to promote your music in Nigeria in 2022.
5 ways to promote your music in Nigeria in 2022.
1. Make good music.
The worst thing that will happen to you as an upcoming musician is making the kind of music that will turn people off.
There are 2 sides to the art of music making, and they are 1. Your presentation and 2. Quality of your recorded track.
- Your musical presentation: Forget about originality in music, which means trying to create your own style; and instead find artiste who are already on top in your genre and study their presentation. And even if you want to be original, you can recreate something out of their presentation.
- Quality of your recorded tracks: Good enough there are online music applications an artiste can use to record their songs in this digital age, but don’t think it’s good enough, because no online music app will have you get a good quality of your song. Be aware of the fact that most people are going to download your music and play it back on sound systems, and if your song is made of low quality, then your music career is going to end before it even begins.
So before you think about promoting your music in 2022, ensure your first step begins with making good music.
Find an artiste in your genre who is very successful, and most especially has been on top for a longer time.
Look for that thing that is keeping him relevant, adopt it; and if you want to be original recreate or rebrand it and come up with a style that is hot.
While breaking out with the style, play it first to your family members and close friends and keep track of their reaction.
If they like it then you are good to go, and if they don’t, then find out from them what the problem is, and work it out .
Also, make sure you set aside a little capital and invest into recording your song in a good studio, that will give you the best quality record production.
2. Use social media to promote your music.
Social media platforms are the best places for an artiste to promote their music in 2022.
This is because social platforms are free and easy to use, but these easy and free characteristics poses a lot of problems to upcoming musicians when it comes to promoting music.
The first problem is that most of these platforms do not have features for upcoming musicians to upload their songs directly, especially audio tracks.
Even YouTube which seems to be the only social platform that allows both audio and video uploads is hard to yield positive results for upcoming musicians.
This is because social platforms has an online robot known as algorithm, which ensures that only relevant contents that people engage with the most yield positive results online.
So to get a positive result out of your music promotion on social media in 2022, make sure you first of all build and grow a very strong presence on social media by way of your followers.
Because the more people that follow you on social platforms will help you get an effective results out of your music promotion there.
The biggest problem of social media when it comes to music promotion is that social media hates links, because it usually involves moving people away to another platform.
And of course it is links you are going to use in promoting your songs on social media; whether you upload them on free or paid music blogs.
Thus, your target on social platforms should be to build a strong following first, before you start promoting your music on them.
3. Promote your music on music blogs.
The reason you should promote your music on music blog is that they already have a dedicated followers; that is those who already have music as their interest.
Unlike social media which has people who pursue different interest as users, people who visit music blogs are those who already like music.
And so it will be possible for them to consume your music at their disposal.
Although there are several free music blogs, for example Audiomack; I would only recommend you promote your music on paid music blogs because their owners will know how and where traffic is coming to their site, and place your music there to attract listeners.
4. Collaborate with notable artiste.
Collaborating with notable artistes is one great way to blow into the music industry.
This is because superstar artiste already has a strong following, and when you make music with them people will not be afraid to listen to that music.
I always make it known on most of my music industry advice articles that people are afraid to listen to upcoming artiste because they are always afraid that their music is of low quality.
Even though it is expensive to collaborate with notable artistes; if you can set aside a little budget and by 2022 will be able to target a notable artiste who charges an affordable fee.
5. Give out at least 2 songs for free downloads.
This digital era has made it possible for upcoming artiste to distribute and sell their music online.
But don’t try to promote a music you distribute to digital stores, because not to many people here in Nigeria are using streaming platforms in 2022.
- Motivational Quote Of The Day: Monday, September 27, 2021.
- How To Sign Up For Audiomack Account.
- How Google Detects Invalid AdSense Clicks And Activities.
- 12 Ways To Prevent Your Google Adsense Account From Being Suspended Or Banned In 2022.
- How To Create A Playlist On Audiomack.
- Motivational Quote Of The Day: Sunday, September 26, 2021.
- How To Get Quality Backlinks For Your Blog In 2022.
- How To Produce High Quality Music In Your Small Home Recording Studio.
- How To Get Cheap Web Hosting Providers In Nigeria.
- More Ways To Make Money From Audiomack.